12.11.2012

The Errand of Angels week 2

Deba is feeling the importance of her calling and the joy of meeting relatives and old friends.She loves your letters.
Well Hello All!
Oh how I love you and am grateful for all your love and support! I have loved the letters and drawings I have received this past week from all of you.
This week has been great at the MTC. My companion and I are learning how to teach by the Holy Ghost more and to teach to the investigators needs. We are also working well together. We had a lesson at the end of this week that was awesome and really showed me what it is like to receive revelation while teaching and to say the words that come to your mind. It was also very humbling because I didn't extend the baptismal invitation I felt prompted to and felt awful afterwards. I have repented and will try and do much better.
On Friday we received in-field orientation and that was amazing. We learned how to work with members how to street contact, and basically how to find success while actually in the mission field. It was really powerful and I want to become the missionary that Christ would be (the missionary that God wants me to become). We learned that back in 1999 we had 300,000 convert baptisms a year and President Hinckley said we were living far below our privileges and that we could double that if we worked hard. Last year we had 201,000 I think. I want to live up to my privileges as a missionary. If all mission rules are followed exactly and if I strive to always have and teach with the Spirit then God will help me find the people that have been prepared for me to teach and the Spirit will help them to come converted. Please pray for me to become this missionary. We have been commanded to teach to all of the earth and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
So, I think one of the reasons I was called to be the Coordinating Sister was to learn my weaknesses. I learned a big weakness of mine this week, which was hard to handle and hard to change by myself but actually pretty easy to change with the help of my companion and the Lord. I am so grateful to discover my weaknesses because I want to improve to become a better person. My time is fully dedicated to the Lord right now and I hope to become who He knows I can become. I want to stay that same person after my mission.
I feel so close to God right now. My prayers have become much more sincere and I can really feel my reliance on Him and my becoming more humble. I have a long way to go, but am working hard.
Yesterday the BYU Men's Choir came and sang for our devotional. That was beautiful. They did a great job!
I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. Families can find so much peace and happiness in this life and can be together for forever with God. Wow. Isn't that awesome?! I feel so blessed to know that and to be able to partake of that blessing. I know that families can be together forever! I challenge all of you this week to think of a family member that you would like to thank and write them a thank you letter. Tell them how much you love them. I love telling people about this blessing!
Last week we taught an investigator (yes, a legit investigator) and it was pretty awesome. It was great to tell him about eternal families (his wife is a member and he isnt). He can have this blessing if he chooses to be baptized and sealed in the temple. The biggest emphasis to him was to sincerely read and pray about The Book of Mormon. If you learn that The Book of Mormon is true, you will also know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's restored church on the earth.
So speaking of families, guess who is in my zone?! Elder Lincoln Poore. Yup... second cousins. He's leaving for the field tomorrow. That was a fun discovery.
Oh, and guess who's joining my zone on Wednesday this week? Elder Trevor Shaffer (Curtis's younger brother). I get to welcome his district to the MTC along with the two zone leaders. Our zone randomly includes an English district or two and a couple Philippines districts.
Happy birthday to Mark and Rachel! I love you two so much! I hope you had great birthdays!
Can everyone dearelder.com me their mailing addresses? I would really like to send letters to more of you.
Earlier this week I sat by some disabled women at lunch who work at the MTC. They were so sweet! Reminded me of NISH. Great people work there.
I got a fun package from a boutique that I shop at near CleanTelligent (Cherry Lane Boutique). They found my mission address and sent me a tub of popcorn. How sweet is that?!!!! Wow. I have also gotten packages from some friends and letters. I love you all! So much for healthy eating ;)
You probably won't receive an email from me next week because I will be in an airplane heading to Florida! This time went by so fast!!
Fun note... ran into the following people the last week: Spencer Weeks in the temple, Johnny Claybaugh walking to the TRC, Sister Hollister (Alexis's mom) at Relief Society, President Claybaugh at lunch... so many people that are great!
Love you all!
Sister Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!