5.08.2013

The Errand of Angels: Week 22 The Refiner's Fire

Well, this week I definitely felt like I was going through the Refiner's Fire.

My heart is full of gratitude and my eyes full of tears at the moment. I am feeling the Refiner's fire. I truly am grateful for weaknesses and for the opportunity to work even more diligently on focusing all my heart, might, mind and strength on our Savior and Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the Atonement and I strive to use it every day. I have enjoyed giving my accounting to Heavenly Father, asking for forgiveness, and moving forward with gratitude and love. And throughout all of it, seeing His hand truly helping the work and blessing us for our efforts.
At first, finding out about a weakness hurts, but I am so grateful that I can immediately turn to prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help me to know what to do and how to do it so I can become more like Christ. I am excited to become. I am already starting to see the Refiner's fire purge and purify. And I have love some of the studies I have had to help me realize more my potential with overcoming this weaknesses and on how to do so. It's beautiful, Heavenly Father doesn't let us stay a pile of coal. He turns us into diamonds.

Another beautiful analogy I heard this week is about a desk and humility. But I think it goes right along with the "Refiner's Fire." Picture a desk with layers of paint on it. In order for the desk to live up to its natural beauty the paint first needs to be stripped. This is a process that is done layer by layer. Finally you get down to the raw wood. The wood itself is of great natural beauty. But once you get down to the raw wood, its not enough. The wood needs to be sanded and then stained. Once this entire process has been completed, a beautiful desk of amazing natural beauty stands there. President Summerhays said the stain is the blood of Christ, the Atonement. Sometimes life may seem extremely difficult, and we may ask Heavenly Father, why? I was happy being the way I was. But as we let Heavenly Father strip off all of our imperfections and weaknesses, and really cleanse and beautify our lives with the Atonement, then the result is our grandest potential. Something more beautiful than we could have come up with ourself.
Reminds me of the talk about the currant bush. http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormon-channel-daily/213
Oh, the work is hastening. We know have sister misisonary leaders that help sisters with exchanges (similar to a zone leader). Woah. So cool! I love being a missionary at this time.
A highlight of the week, we invited a 102 year old woman to be baptized (the mother-in-law of the Branch President). She is praying about it :) They said we have gotten father with her than any other missionaries in the past. I am so grateful that they prepared her for when we would come and that we listened to the Spirit and were bold.
Another highlight, we have one progressing investigator, cute little 10-year old Danesha. Pretty awesome. When we came to this area there were no progressing investigators.
Heavenly Father has blessed our meetings with returning members (less actives) to  be absolutely amazing. We found out we have over 60 returning members in our area and we are excited to get to work. We have had such beautiful miracles working with their families - wow!
Also, that lady who said she wasn't ready to come unto Christ and quit drinking finally, truly committed to reading daily. We are so very excited.
I really love this work! I am excited for when I come home and I am entirely a new person in Christ. Missions are not for ourselves, they are God's missions, but what a wonderful tender mercy it is that He allows us to benefit immensly and everlastingly from them.
Your invitation for the week is two fold: 1. Write a thank you note to a special woman in your life (obviously Mom), but maybe one that doesn't get thanks from many people, and give/mail/email it to her. 2. Find someone. Find someone who is lost, that hasn't been to church in a while, and find a way to show them that you love and care about them.
I love you so much!!
Sister Jenkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!