11.26.2013

The Errand of Angels Week 52: Thankful for My Mission


Hello Everyone!!

Happy Thanksgiving this coming week! Oh, and Happy One-Year Mark this Thanksgiving for me! I cannot think of a better day to have my one-year mark on!

Here are a couple reasons I am grateful for my mission:

-Seeing people's lives change

-Opportunities to testify

-Lots of time set apart to study the scriptures (two hours daily)

-Meeting great new friends (companions!)

-Working hard (and learning to work harder)

-Growing my relationship with God and Christ

-Learning to how become a better mother (in the future)

-Living simply (out of three suitcases)

-Learning to make good, quick judgements based on Holy Ghost, and sound reasoning

-Appreciating the blessings from God more.

There are so many more. I am truly grateful for my mission and for the opportunity to learn and grow.



Isn't the lizard cute?


Some of the blessings we saw this week:

Jeff and Mickey are wonderful! They have been reading all the assignments, and re-reading them. They gave a member (their neighbor) a ride to church, stayed for all three hours (even though Mickey's foot was swelling pretty bad), and received a Priesthood blessing after church. It has been so cool to see their transformation. They are happier and seem so in love. They feel like a burden has been lifted from their shoulders. Jeff is very excited to be baptized. Every time we go over to their house it is cleaner and more organized and smells less of smoke. It is awesome.

Sister Hewitt invited a friend over that we have been trying to meet with for quite some time. He became a new investigator in the first visit and wants to be baptized. He came to church. He could not possibly have a better fellowshipper in Sister Hewitt. She has been sharing the gospel with everyone and it is so exciting to see the fruits of her labors.

We have some young women who are learning the Sacrament prayers in ASL so that they can help interpret. That has been a cool service opportunity for me... it is helping them with their Young Women value projects. One is even teaching Sister Aussicker with us (she is the deaf woman), it is awesome! Sister Aussicker is so funny by the way! She makes us laugh every single visit. The members who are getting to know her love her and her sense of humor.

There are so many more blessings than that. We had so many times this week where it was 100% perfect timing, we had three investigators and three returning members at church. It is beautiful!
Ohhhhhh, Great Harvest Bread. What a treat.

And I am trying to give myself more to the Lord. I am here to give 100% of my self - thoughts, heart, actions. I want to come home knowing I did that.

My invitation to you: Write down ten things you are grateful for in your journal, and have a prayer of gratitude with your family for the many blessings of God. Not just a quick prayer over Thanksgiving dinner, but a prayer that comes after discussion from each of your family members about what you are grateful for.

Have a great week!


Sister Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!