7.28.2011

Bubba Jenkins

The other day I met the boyfriend of one of my friends.

He asked me what my name was, and I said "Deba." He was a little shocked and asked where I got the name.

I always tell people that Deba is short for Deborah. My mother had a friend named Deba and loved the name.

Here was about his reaction to the name Deba....

"I have been wondering for years what the female version of "Bubba" would be... now I know! Its Deba."


So there you have it folks, Deba is the female equivalent of Bubba. I think I will start introducing myself that way.

The story gets better. This guy also told me that all growing up his family would tell stories about Bubba Jenkins, a hick farmer who wasn't very smart. I am glad my "close cousin" could set such an example for me :) 

Please do not confuse this imaginary Bubba Jenkins to the famous wrestler from ASU or the nice farmer pictured above. Although, they should be proud to be considered a Bubba. I know I am.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!