7.30.2011

Mesa Verde National Park Road Trip

Well, welcome home Elder and Sister Jenkins!!

My parents finished up their mission in the Uttica, New York Mission (they served in Albany) recently. They vacationed some as they traveled home from two years of dedicated service. I am so grateful to them for their example :)

My brother Mark and I drove down to meet them in Cortez, Colorado. We had an excellent time reuniting with my parents and enjoying Cortez as well as Mesa Verde National Park.

Sadly, most of the pictures taken were on my mother's camera, so I will have to get those later. But here are some of mine!

Eating at Tequila's Mexican Restaurant in Cortez, Colorado 
Look at our massive pile of food! We had a giant pig pot filled with piles of meat.

Our meat-filled pig.
Our skillet of chicken and shrimp goodness.
And if you ever go to this restaurant, get the fried ice cream! YUMMY!

The sunrise when my father and I went running at 6 AM :)
At "Hole in the Wall" on the drive home. My brother feeding an ostrich over the fence.

A video of him feeding the ostrich. It was attacking the tree!

I don't know if you can see it, but the "BIGFOOT" sign is pointing to a bunny hopping around in the grass.

Golfer guy made out of golf clubs.

Epic "Home N''the Rock" sign.



That is one big bull!
Look above the "K"... Hole in the Rock is known for the houses built into the rock... above the "K" is a chimney.


The trip was a lot of fun! More pictures will be coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!