1.24.2013

The Errand of Angels: Week 6 Diligence and obedience pay off in rich blessings.

Hello Everyone!!

Thank you for swarming me with letters and emails!! They have been great!!

Anyways, this week was great! Honestly, I felt like that the work was too easy, meaning we probably weren't working as hard as we could, and we were working very hard, but we have definitely been blessed with a greater capacity to work. As we work harder and are more obedient then we can work harder and be more obedient. We have had an increase in the number of lessons every week and have high expectations this week, that we know we can accomplish with God's help.
Deba with other Sister Missionaries
 Well, highlight from this week! (Major!) An appointment of ours fell through (definitely not the highlight) and so we prayed what we should do. I had been feeling like we needed to contact a referral that we had just received. We went over to the apartment complex and he wasn't home, but he setup an appointment for the next day (via his brother's cell phone). I then felt as though we needed to find someone to meet with after his appointment the next day in the same complex. So we prayed and a building number came to my mind - 9. As we were walking up to the door Sister Foster pointed out an apartment that she wanted to visit. So we knocked on the two doors downstairs and no interest, then we knocked on the door upstairs that stood out to her and we knocked. A Jamaican couple answered. They let us in. We taught them a quick lesson, gave them a Book of Mormon and setup a return appointment for the next day. I felt like I should ask for a referral (because we ask for referrals from everyone), but I also felt like we were a little rushed so I didn't. The next day we came back, had a great lesson. The lady said that she would read The Book of Mormon regardless of whether or not we would come teach her again (obviously we are going to), then she gave us a referral... her neighbor, the last door we had left to knock on. A Deaf woman. She wasn't home, but we left a pass-a-long card with our information on it saying that we were English/ASL missionaries. She contacted us later that day and we have an appointment to see her tomorrow. Wow! WOW! I am excited and nervous, but faithful that Heavenly Father will help me and Sister Foster with the lesson in ASL. Please pray that my companion and I will have the gift of tongues.
Cereal on ice cream after serviceproject

I also felt really blessed that Heavenly Father would trust me with the revelation of where to go. Sometimes Its given to Sister Foster, sometimes its given to me, and sometimes its given to both. This allows us to trust in Heavenly Father, the Spirit, and each other.

I love being a missionary. Honestly, this work is so beautiful. Its hard when people drop you and don't want to be taught anymore, but its so rewarding when you see individuals and families come unto Christ and partake of the blessings of His gospel.

I have begun practicing signing while running on the treadmill (I switch off between this and memorizing scriptures or just zoning... I try not to do the zoning too often because it makes the running go by much slooooower). Anyways, I wonder if someone will move in to our complex that will go to the gym at the same time as us. I can't help but laugh thinking of how ridiculous I might look. I love it! :)
Member's home where we did service

Thank you for all your prayers and for all your hard work in bringing others unto Christ.

My commitment for you this week: Just as I shouldn't have delayed asking for the referral, I would encourage you to not delay in following the Spirit. Pray to know what God would have you do in regard to something in your life (or even just how to come closer to Him), and then act on that answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!