3.27.2013

The Errand of Angels: Week 16 The Army of God


Hello Everyone!

Happy Easter! What a wonderful opportunity we have at this time of year to reflect on Christ and all that He has done for us. Did you take my invitation to choose something to come closer to Christ this Easter? How is it going? If you haven't, will you?
I know that Christ is our Savior. I know He has paid the price for our sins, but also felt our sorrows, sicknesses, sadness and discouragements. He did all of that so He could know how to help and so that we can return to live with our Father in Heaven and our families again for the eternities. He overcame our spiritual death (separation from the presence of God) by His suffering for us and physical death by His resurrection. I am eternally grateful for gifts to us. One of my favorite scriptures about Christ is Alma 7:11-12 (http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/7.11-12?lang=eng#10). I love the word "succor" in these scriptures - to run to the help/aid. I know that if we turn to Christ, He will instantly come to our aid. He will help us. All of us. Always.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has a great web page on Easter. Check it out here: http://www.lds.org/topics/easter?lang=eng and 

I also know that we again have prophets and apostles on earth today. Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet and hear from an apostle of God, Elder Anderson. The world will have an opportunity to hear from living prophets and apostles next week on April 6 and 7. You can go to lds.org or a local meetinghouse to watch General Conference for yourself. I know that God speaks through prophets now, just as He did in times of old. See Amos 3:7 (http://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/amos/3.7?lang=eng#6). I know that we can learn of the truth of modern prophets by listening to their word and praying about them. See John 7:17 (http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/john/7.17?lang=eng#16). 

Elder Anderson was out here to reorganize a stake presidency and was able to stay so that we could have a mission conference and here him speak... so, he visited my stake and I got to hear from him Saturday, Sunday and today! Woah. Talk about a spiritual weekend.
A few things I want to testify of: 

All missionary efforts truly are not wasted. I am fully in this war against sin and I will continue to fight to save the souls of men. My war cry is being heard by the people in the Carrollwood area. I have asked others to join the fight. I can live every moment to fight the enemy that much more... to cry to the people, invite others to join the fight, strike the enemy with my testimony and therefore the Spirit, to bring others back to our Father in Heaven. I desire to bring others to a greater knowledge and appreciation of Christ. I am here to serve the Lord. I am here to give my might, mind, and strength to His work. I hope and pray that I can always be His soldier fighting with all my might against the enemy for my Savior. I would like all of you to read the words of two profound songs having just read what I shared and try to picture the battle yourself and how you can join (Hope of Israel and Behold! A Royal Army). I know I am part of God's army and that the little things really do matter so much. 

Sister Larsen from  the Edgemont ward. She is here on a Spanish speaking mission.


My Mission President, President Summerhays talked this week about:
P prayer
R reading
O obedience
S service
in order to stay faithful forever (endure to the end). This is true. Plus, he made a joke about him being one of the "pros" which is also true... pro golfer.
I love being a missionary. Yes, it is hard. Yes, most days my body wants to take a nap. Yes, it is sometimes discouraging. BUT I know this is God's work. I know this is where I need to be. I know that NO EFFORT is wasted. And I know that as I develop greater faith and trust that I will be able to overcome the natural man tendencies, for in the Lord I can truly do all things.

This week was good. We have now met with two of our new investigators and realized how choice and truly prepared they are. There is a less active family that both parents have chosen to live the word of wisdom and are seeing the blessings of it. It is a beautiful, humbling experience to be a missionary. I love it. I am so humble and grateful that God has sent me to Tampa Florida at this time. By the way, if you have questions, like what is the word of wisdom? I would encourage you to look them up on mormon.org
Oh! My new mission president has been announced...  http://www.lds.org/church/news/print/nea-cn-mission-president-assignments-2013?lang=eng He begins this summer.

My invitation to you is to share your testimony of Christ with someone this week. Christians around the world need to unite in the battle for Christ against sin. It is our turn to stand up and join. Please, please do your best to defend Christ at all times, especially this Easter.

Have a great day! 
Sister Jenkins


NAME THE BIRD

Deba thinks this might be a flamingo because

 it is pink, but her mother thinks

 it has the wrong kind of beak

 and it's legs aren't long enough.

 What do you think? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!