4.02.2013

The Errand of Angels: Week 17 Sister missionaries can extend their missions!

Hello Everyone!!
I love the mission so much!! Do you remember how they tried out the new age in different areas before applying it world-wide to the Church?! They have started doing the same thing for sister missionary extensions!! They have chosen five missions from the North America, as well as others from around the world to participate. The Florida Tampa Mission has been chosen from North America!! So, change of plans... I will be coming home in November 2014 instead of May 2014! I am so excited for this opportunity to serve God and the people of Florida for additional six months!

2 Sisters who came out with Deba

Speaking of length of service, I have now been on my mission for over four months! Wow, how time flies!!! Except not really, because some days have been really long. Haha!! Overall though, time is going so quickly. This last month has felt like the quickest of my entire mission. Wow, I can't believe transfers will be in another two weeks. I could easily be staying or going. I think most likely staying. I LOVE this ward (congregation) sooo much!! As I am sure I will love the other wards in my mission.
This week was very good! Very hard at times, but very good. I have been debating whether or not to share that the work is hard, but I think its important to realize. As missionaries we work hard all day long. People are not always nice to us. People we care for don't always accept our commitments. YET, with all of that, the work is worth it. I LOVE missionary work. I LOVE it. I LOVE it. I LOVE it. I encourage all to think and pray about serving a mission.

I am doing really well. I got a little sad last night because of someone that wasn't very nice to us, people who weren't keeping commitments, and people who weren't interested in the message we are bringing to the area. I was very grateful it was Easter though, because it gave me an opportunity to reflect even deeper on Christ's suffering for all people. His love for all is so beautiful. He even loves those whom He knew would never accept His Atoning sacrifice/gift. We are called to talk to, testify to, and teach all people in the area. I am truly grateful for this opportunity to feel the smallest portion of what Christ has felt for all mankind, and to come to have a greater appreciation of His love for everyone. I am excited to help others become more like the Savior and to in turn become more like Him myself.
I loved being a missionary on Easter. Wow. It was amazing inviting others to Christ all day long. I loved it. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of mankind. I know He loves each of us. I know that He knows each of us. I know that sweet relief is available as we turn our trials over to Him, I know that He can wash away all of our sins and guilt, and I know that by following Him and His teachings, unimaginable joy is available to us in the life to come.

I really love missionary work. I think I say this every week, but its so true! Regardless of all the heartache and really hard work, there is no place I rather be right now. 

Unicorn cup


A couple highlights of the week:

Our bus stop family has accepted a baptismal invite and are going to baptized in two weeks! They are so prepared, especially the 16-year old daughter. In fact, it worked out this week for her to come (last minute) to the Young Women (YW) camp out and I think YW broadcast. She LOVED the camp out. She LOVE the girls in the ward and they absolutely adore her, and so do the leaders. Wow, my vision of member work has increased so much by that and one other experience we had this week!
Another experience that really helped me appreciate members and gain a greater vision of how they can be used was with the Bishop's family. They gave us some referrals. We scheduled a time to come back and visit the referrals with the Bishop's family. They were the ones who asked one of the families if we could teach them. It was truly awesome. Wow!!

We have a part-member family that the sisters have been working with for years now. We are always nice to the family members and invite them to join if they are around. Finally, one son joined us for a lesson!! He shared with us how he doesn't believe in Christ or God. We said help him know how to gain his own testimony. We have a return appointment for him this Wednesday. I am SOOOO grateful for that opportunity!!

A less active family referred one of their neighbors who the Spanish Elders are teaching and they said are "golden." They said that the family is so open because they have seen all the members going in and out of the member's house visiting them and they think its wonderful that people in the Church are so caring to do that. Member work goes a LONG way!!

The work is so busy in the area, which I am so grateful for. We are going to try and do splits more frequently, and hopefully that will really help.

The other big testimony builder of mine came from listening to the Spirit for the perfect timing with things (to have even more 100% chance moments).

We were heading home the other night and stopped for a couple minutes to call someone. When we started biking again a car had just broken down and we were able to help them push it back into the parking lot. A couple was helping them as well. We shared The Book of Mormon with them (we will give them a Bible next time we visit because they don't have one), prayed for their car, invited them to church, set up a return appointment, talked about how much God loves each of us (not necessarily in that order), etc. Wow! We visit the mom's complex every week but who knows if we would have ever met her or if she would have been open to the truth if not for the service we were able to do.

As we were riding home from the car incident, we biked past a gated community where a referral/potential investigator live. We biked a little past it and I felt inspired to go back. Right as we got to the gate a car came through so we were able to get in. The same thing happened when we needed to leave. God opened those gates for us. The potential investigator was home and we were able to do Peace and Blessings with them. Wow, I love following the Spirit!!!

A cool one from last night. We dropped an "I care" by off at an investigators home. We saw people sitting on the porch of their neighbor and so we biked up the long driveway to their house. It was dark so they couldn't see us. The two people outside gladly greeted us and we were very excited to find this "golden" family. Turns out they are members! They are living with their mother (who is not a member) and have been struggling getting to church since they moved in with her because of her health. We will be going back this week and will begin teaching the mother the lessons. She is very sweet. They were so grateful we followed the Spirit and stopped by.

I usually always have lots of stories to share, but I just love seeing God's hand in every part of the work. This is truly His work and it will not be stopped!!

I am kind of running out of pictures because I keep forgetting to take them... so busy ;) Here is one with one of the families from our ward!
Oh, and I had to be a little naughty. April Fool's! There is obviously no sister missionary extension (at least none that I know of at this time).
My invitation this week: Pray and thank Heavenly Father for the gift of His son, Jesus Christ, and turn something over to Him that you have been reluctant in turning over. You will feel His love and peace greater.
Have a wonderful week!!

Sister Jenkins

Deba is getting her hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!