10.08.2013

The Errand of Angels: Week 43 Always be Prepared

Hello Everyone!

I am grateful for all of you. I am grateful to be here on a mission. To hear from modern prophets and apostles over the weekend. And most especially, I am grateful for my family.

I am eternally grateful to Heavenly Father for the blessing we have of being an eternal family. I hope each of you realize the significance of that and strive every day to live up to your covenants to be worthy of that gift or strive to be worthy every day to make those covenants and receive those blessings.

Funny of the week: Well, I didn't share one from last week. We were outside a member's house, dropping her off from teaching with us. There was a cute, green froggie on the grill of our car. I went to grab it and it jumped on my skirt (score! the frog made my life so much easier). I caught it and was holding it. I wanted to show the member (she is a sweet, older woman). I opened my hands just the slightest and the frog jumped right onto my mouth and then jumped away. Yup, I got kissed by a frog. He didn't turn into a prince though. I think its because I still have 8 more months on my mission :)





Weekly Highlights: 

Monday: We were contacting a referral. Initially she had the attitude of "who are you? why are you here? and I'm not interested." Then we just kept on talking, trying to find a common interest. She shared that she the only way she uses the Church is for family history. The conversation then turned from really negative to really positive. She still wasn't interested in Christ's message (it's not ours, its His) when we left, but it was on a bright note.

Tuesday: Missionaries in an old area contacted about getting an address for someone. I couldn't find it anywhere. I prayed, and it was found. I am so grateful for prayer!! Also, we called a bunch of less active members that we previously have had a hard time getting in contact with and all but one answered. We were able to set up appointments and do service from those calls. It was great and such a blessing!

Wednesday: One of our investigators set a baptismal date! We had the lesson on the grass by an intersection. Regardless of the distractions, the Spirit was very strong.

Thursday: Sister Sliger went home today for medical reasons. She will be very, very, very much missed. She was a great missionary and it was such a blessing to serve with her. I am grateful that all worked out with her plane flight and she made it home safely. 

A less active who is very illiterate is now reading The Book of Mormon with the easy reader. Had a great lesson about spiritual fortifications in Alma 50 and in vs. 1 was reminded and assured that after every challenge, discouragement, trial, etc. you can't take a break, you must always be preparing.

Friday: Was able to do service for a wonderful less active. The Relief Society helped as well and she let us share a message with her.

Saturday: Did a peace and blessings prayer with an investigator of another set up of missionaries (long story, lives in our area, but because of family, they teach her). The Spirit touched her very much and she cried. She then had her friend come meet us and set up an appointment for all of us to have a lesson and gave her a copy of The Book of Mormon - her friend saw her joy and was so excited! (Members, take note of this beautiful example of someone who truly knows the blessings this gospel can bring to other's lives).

Sunday: We met with a family that was a referral. They were so receptive and we were able to do peace and blessings with them. I am so excited to teach them. Also, we had a less active family that came and watched conference. I was so grateful for their sacrifice regardless of mid-terms, work, and other things going on. 

Weekly Spiritual Insights:

I was really touched by eternal families this week. Between conference sessions I was able to watch families share their experiences about preparing to go to the temple and be sealed together for time and all eternity. I was so grateful for members of my own family to have taken the steps to also do that this week. Every effort and hard work is worth it to get sealed for time and all eternity. And every effort and hard work is worth it to stay worthy of those covenants and that sealing power. I testify to you that God lives, Jesus is our Savior, that the power and authority of God is again on earth today in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and that power is the only power that can bind families together for the eternities. Temples covenants are essential. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is truly here to bless families. I am here serving a mission so I can bring that joy and happiness to others. I care for their eternal happiness. I know that happiness can be found on earth and in the eternities through the gospel of Jesus Christ and following Him. Please never be deceived to think that true happiness comes from sin or the things of the world, it does not.

General Conference was amazing and so profound. If you have not taken the time to watch it, please, please do so. You can watch it at http://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

Invitation:

1. During General Conference, there was a great focus on missionary work and the responsibility of every, single member of the Church to do it. Elder M. Russell Ballard invited every member to reach out to 1 person between now and Christmas and to invite them, share the gospel with them, ask them to meet with the missionaries. He promised that if this was done, MILLIONS would be brought in. I extend that challenge to you. Start NOW. You will be blessed and guided. Pray for the opportunities and they will come.

2. Something that our companionship sometimes does is say a. I love you because.... b. I learned today.... and c. I am willing to.... Will you try this practice in your own family this week. Maybe as part of FHE.

Keep up the wonderful work!! Each of you are so great and I am so happy to have you in my life!

Have a great week!

Sister Jenkins





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!