10.28.2013

The Errand of Angels Week 46: Fall Festival and Transfers

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all are well!

This week was one of the fastest of my mission - wow! In fact, that is how the last couple have felt. It's Monday and we're emailing home then all of a sudden it'sSaturday, Sunday, then Monday again. I think they just removed a couple days of the week... 

I sent lots of pictures this week and I hope you enjoy them! We are trying to take more pictures seeing as I only have 7 months left on my mission! :( Wow, time flies. Today is my 11 month mark. 

So, for transfers both Sister Fox and I are staying here in Seffner! We are excited! During November we will have Thanksgiving, Sister Fox's birthday, my 12-month mark and her 9-month mark.  All big celebrations!


Highlights of the Week:

Well, the ultimate highlight of the week was our ward Fall Festival! I was so proud of the members for inviting their friends. Ward activities are so needed to friendshipping and missionary work, especially fun activities like a Fall Festival. We had multiple families invite their friends and many came and had a really good time! And guess what?! Our neighbor came with his family!! That was definitely the highlight of my entire week. We really try to friendship our neighbors (because we are friendly anyways), but also share Christ's message with them and invite them to different things. I am so grateful they came!!

All the sister missionaries in my ward

All the missionaries in my ward

1 Florida Red Ant bite that blisters and scars

Another highlight of the week was with another neighbor. There is a neighbor of ours whose wife has terminal cancer. He walks around our apartment complex a couple laps, then checks on his wife, and walks a couple more. He is so sweet and friendly. Ever since I met him I have been carrying around a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and wanting to share it with him. The opportunity arose this week. We were walking to the gym with our bag of gym goodies (ipod, speakers, a copy of The Book of Mormon, Plan of Salvation pamphlet, my cards for memorizing things while running, etc). And he came up and talked to us. He asked us about what we do and we had a nice chat. THEN... I chickened out of talking to him. Can you believe that?! So we went to the gym... it was closed. So on the way back from the gym I prayed in my head for forgiveness and for the opportunity again to share it with him, and I promised God I would take that opportunity. Because the gym was closed we walked by his place again and he was still out there! A huge tender mercy from God and an answer to prayer. We were able to share the pamphlet with him and talk with him. It was a wonderful opportunity. 
Future sister missionaries

In Sunday School we were talking about family roles. Unfortunately I had zoned out for a second thinking about something else. Then all of a sudden I realized I was zoning out and prayed to be able to pay attention and learn what I needed to learn. The Spirit became so strong for me and I was able to share a beautiful experience about learning from Mom and her example (Dad, I have learned from you as well, the question was just geared towards mothers). I shared about the journal entries that mom sends me and how it has been a tender mercy to even read some of her past ones and see that even when I frustrated her, she never showed it towards me but always was loving and sweet. A man commented then on how he the examples of six righteous mothers were reflected in the room (we had six missionaries in the meeting). I will admit, I teared up. It was a beautiful lesson both in feeling so much gratitude for Mom and Dad, but also in regard to always paying attention to what the Spirit wants to teach you.



SERVICE
Funny of the Week: There was this group of four men that came in to sacrament meeting. My companion and I welcomed them afterwards and they said they were from Nashville. They are from a country band, not with Luke Bryant (he was in Tampa for the weekend), and are touring the area. They are called: Spencer's Own. Good for them for being an example to their children at home for attending church and all three hours when on tour.


Banana Bread from home--gone in one sitting


Invite of the Week: INVITE. Please just simply invite someone this week. I know I ask it a lot, but please do.

ALSO, please pay attention to what God wants you to know. I know its silly, but there is a lot to be learned and that He wants to teach you. You can learn something from every meeting you go to. So please, go with a prayer in your heart.

Have a great day!

Sister Jenkins


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!