7.03.2013

The Errand of Angels: Week 30 PRAYER WORKS!

Me in the rain! Yay!

Side view of me in the rain! My plastic bags broke in my backpack and so I wanted to protect my books. Typically I don't use an umbrella and a rain coat.
Hi Everyone!

How are you?! I just love missionary work so much! Isn't it the best?! It just makes me so happy! I know that as you strive to share the gospel and invite others that you will feel of the same wonderful joy!! Woo!!!

Funny of the Week: Well, tis the season to have lots of cute, little froggies in Florida! Gulfport has exploded with them! On Saturday Sister Bush and I were walking to the church for a branch activity and I saw a bunch of little froggies. As you all know, I LOVE frogs. So I caught one and had Sister Bush find my camera in my backpack to take a picture. The frog kept on jumping out of my hands so I had to keep on catching it. Eventually we gave up on the notion of taking a picture. We began to walk forward again and looked up and two members were sitting in their car waiting for us. They saw and stopped to
 give us a ride. They saw the whole escapade. They thought a necklace broke or something and we were chasing beads. Whoops. Haha. Sometimes its good to have a reminder that people are always watching. I was very grateful for their ride though ;)

Talk of the Week: "Personal Peace: The Reward of Righteousness" by Elder Cook in the last General Conference. (Read/Watch/Listen here: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/personal-peace-the-reward-of-righteousness?lang=eng). The talk is marvelous! Christ didn't promise world peace, but promised personal peace. I love this. The world won't find peace until all are willing to turn unto God and follow Christ. A great quote from the talk: "President Heber J. Grant described the Savior’s peace this way: “His peace will ease our suffering, bind up our broken hearts, blot out our hates, engender in our breasts a love of fellow men that will suffuse our souls with calm and happiness."

Tender Mercy/Miracle of the Week: Thank you for all your prayers regarding my bike! God's promise to me was fulfilled. He told me to "be still and know that I am God." Well, He certainly is God. I got a call this week that a sister who is going home next week is donating her bike to me. I cried when I got this call. God is so good! He arranged this beautifully! Especially since when I had called our mission office a few days prior, it was reported to me that all the sisters going home had already chosen what to do with their bikes. The sister that donated her bike to me will be immensely blessed by God. She saved me. I am so grateful to her following the promptings of the Holy Ghost! Wow!

Other Highlights of the Week: This week was a very special week with many, many prayers answered! We had a family of investigators that came to church on Sunday and to two branch activities. Our deaf investigator also came to the branch activities.

We are on foot, and there were many times that we said a prayer about finding a ride if it was God's will and all of a sudden a member would come out of nowhere and give us a ride. We had the same member two days in a row. One of the times she had missed a movie that she was going to see and ended up driving by us gave us a ride. It was such a blessing!! I am so grateful to all the wonderful members for their service! They are absolutely wonderful! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! And thank you!

Invitation: Please, oh please, oh please, pray daily! Are you saying your personal prayers and family prayers every day? If you aren't, start doing that! Are you praying for opportunities to be an instrument in God's hand everyday? If not, start doing that! Are you following the promptings you are getting to reach out and serve others? If not, start doing that! I am so grateful for all those who have followed their promptings to help us.

Closing Notes: I love this work so much! It is true! God loves each of us! People can change! The gospel of Jesus Christ is for everyone!
Have a wonderful day!!
Sister Jenkins


Oh! I forgot to add to my emails! We have crazy thunderstorms here. Sister Bush and I both woke up around 2:00 AM with thunder so loud that we could hear the dishes in our kitchen clinking and a car alarm went off. Yup, supposedly Florida is the lightening capital of the world (or maybe just America). Its pretty awesome. Except when the thunder is loud and you are trying to sleep. Oh, the power of God!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!