7.15.2013

The Errand of Angels: Week 32 Christine's baptism

Hello Everyone!!

How are you?! I surely do miss all of you! But I hope you are doing missionary work all the time at home while I am abroad on the exotic peninsula of Florida! Florida is a peninsula, right? ;)

IMPORTANT UPDATE: PLEASE SEND ALL LETTERS AND PACKAGES DIRECTLY TO ME. I will not post my address on the blog because its public and there are creepy people here. SO... um... I guess just post a comment on here that you want my address and my dearest mother can send it to you (thanks, Mom!) or you can email me directly (yes, friends can email me). You can also get my email address from my sweet, sweet mother (thanks again, Mom!) Mom’s email is jtjenkins55@gmail.com .

Funny of the Week: Maybe not so much funny, but there are three red-headed missionaries in the branch! So awesome!

Talk of the Week: 1. The Lord's Way: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/the-lords-way?lang=eng Talks about beautiful ways to do missionary work (at least that's what touched me) 2. Marriage: Watch and Learn http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/marriage-watch-and-learn?lang=eng SO good! Great suggestions about having Christ in your marriage. If you two put God first and then each other, everything else will work out :)

Tender Mercy/Miracle of the Week: You know, its so hard to pinpoint "the" tender mercy or miracle of the week. We have so many every... single... day! Maybe I'll go with "tender people" of the week instead :)

Christine. How can I not talk about Christine? Her baptism was absolutely beautiful! She was so happy and loving. There were 40-50 people there to support her. Her boyfriend has a lot of friends/family in the area. Three of our baptismal dates also came to see the service, which was so wonderful!









Barry: How can I not talk about Barry? Haha. He is our wonderful Deaf investigator. Barry is so solid in the gospel. He is a man with a sweet heart. We taught him many commandments this week and he instantly agreed to live them and threw away anything in his life not in-line with those commandments. He teared up before church as he was talking about how he felt during his scripture study. He teared up at the baptism because his heart was touched and he is so excited to get baptized. We are working out some special circumstances with him right now, but he is so prepared. He has come to church 5 times. He is so awesome.

Other Highlights of the Week: Found some new investigators! We have been struggling with that. Here is how we found one of them. We had limited time to travel last night so we decided to stay in walking distance. We felt like we should visit an investigator, so we headed over there. She was sleeping. On the way back home we passed a house with a rainbow flag (not uncommon in Gulfport). We all waved to a man on the porch and walked forward. I felt we really need to go back and pray with him, so we did. Later I found out both Sister Bush and Sister Howard got the same impression. The prayer was beautiful and he was SO accepting of the message we shared. He instantly took a copy of The Book of Mormon. He was tearing up. Some people might look at someone who is gay, homeless, tattooed, or whatever, and say that they are not ready for Christ's gospel. I want to testify that Christ's gospel is for EVERYONE. He loves each person on this earth so much and wants each person to return back to His presence. Look past a person's countenance and follow the Spirit to know if their heart is ready.

Oh, and we got more food! And more food! And more food! We didn't eat dinner with anyone, BUT we had people drop off dinner almost every night. Now we have an abundance of food we can share with the elders. Plus, we have dinner appointments almost every night this week! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers!!

New companionship (and Elder Ryan)


Invitation: 1. Pray for the missionaries in your area (and of course, me and all the other missionaries) 2. Okay, ready for this one? Have the missionaries over for dinner or FHE with your family AND either a less active person/family or a non-member person/family. You as members are the key to missionary work. I want to hear about your stories next week. Please send them. Even if you just schedule it for a couple weeks in the future. That's okay, but I want to hear about it. If you don't know who to invite, pray and God will tell you.

The work is hard. This week has been really tough, but I know that through prayer, scripture study, church attendance, fasting, priesthood blessings, and just enduring to the end, we can receive so much strength.

Elyse Moore attended my branch on Sunday. She was in my BYU freshman and sophomore ward. She works for EFY as a coordinator of sorts. That was pretty cool!
Have a great day!!


Sister Jenkins :)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!