8.20.2013

The Errand of Angels: Week 37 Transfers and Betty's Baptism

Hello Everyone!

Sadly, I left all my letter notes at home! Hopefully I don't forget anything! :(

Transfer Information: 

The stress is on... where in the Florida Tampa Mission will Sister Jenkins go next? Well, she sure wish she knew! I know I'm being transferred, but I don't find out until transfer meeting on Tuesday (so essentially until I am on my way to the area). I will let you know where I am going and my new address. Please hold off on mail for the week.


Funny of the Week: 

Well, a few weeks ago we found a live gecko in our apartment. We found a dead one this week. That was fun. 

Study Subject of the Week: Forgiveness  


Not forgiving others is like poison. Forgiveness brings freedom and joy

Tender Mercy/Miracle of the Week: 

This was a really great week! So many tender mercies and miracles. Just to show God puts people in our path for a reason:

We were driving home from an appointment with a delicious, hot Hungry Howie's pizza in the car waiting to be eaten by three starving Sister Missionaries. We passed a lady stopped in the turn lane with her hood up and flashers off. We circled around and came back and asked if we could help. She said sure, but she didn't know what was wrong. We came over and helped push her car to the side of the road (with the help of two young men). She gave them $20 to get her gas. We then taught her a quick lesson and gave her a Book of Mormon. We checked up on her 30 minutes later and they young men hadn't come back, so we went and got her gas. She had read to 1 Nephi 12 by then. We then had another quick lesson for her before she went home. She unfortunately doesn't live in our area, so we referred her to other missionaries. We checked up on her a few days later and she was in 2 Nephi 6 (67 pages into The Book of Mormon). She has already prayed about it and knows its true. She is going on vacation this week and bringing The Book of Mormon. Yup, people are prepared everywhere.

AND it is always worth sacrificing the hot goodness of a pizza for helping someone in need. ALWAYS.

Other Highlights of the Week: 

At Betty's baptism. This picture makes me laugh. I am unsure who took it, but you gotta love the wind chimes!
  
 Betty's baptism! It was beautiful. We had a great choir from the branch and a good attendance with a nice luncheon afterwards. She said she felt so good following the baptism. Her confirmation and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost was the following day. It was so beautiful. She was promised that she would be an example to her family and that they would be blessed to come into the gospel. Betty has really given up A LOT for the gospel of Jesus Christ. She was the choir director in her previous church and was an active member for 20 years. None of her friends or family members came to support her, yet, she knew she did was right. Also, two of her grandsons are now joining our lessons and want to come to church. It is beautiful to see the ripple effect. Oh, and one woman gave all our recent convert women a bouquet of flowers on Sunday. That was so special.

So, I cried a lot when transfers came. I LOVE GULFPORT. I cried when they announced it in church. I was in front of everyone because I was interpreting. I cried so much in my departing testimony because I was so touched by how much love I felt for this branch and from them. Many members were crying as well. I know they will all be blessed for their service. I really feel so blessed to have served here with Sister Bush and, later, Sister Howard. I love and adore these sisters and this branch. I was also so blessed to serve in Carrollwood. We will see where the Lord needs me next.

 Invitation: Have you checked out the Hastening the Work Website yet? If you haven't, please do! It is a great Family Home Evening Activity. In fact, I think I gave this invitation earlier. So double judgement if you don't do this! :) http://www.lds.org/training/wwlt/2013/hastening/a-new-vision Have a great day! 
Sister Jenkins 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!