2.27.2012

Meeting the Shaffers!

I visited the Shaffers two weekends ago!! And no, none of my nightmares came true :)

I could rave about my trip for quite a while (so yes, that means I think it went well!), but instead here are some pictures for you to enjoy...

I was greeted with beautiful flowers and my favorite treat, wasabi peas in the guest bedroom. The Shaffers could have won my love with this act alone :)


It was so much fun to see Curtis wrestle his two younger brothers, Trevor and Casey.

Notice how Curtis is on the bottom of the pile in this picture...


Look where he is now... yeah, that's my man!! (Well, I did tickle Casey a little to help, but he has got some skills!)


Both Trevor and Casey were so much fun and so funny!

While in Nevada we got to go to two of Trevor's basketball games. He is a champ and I surprised myself with how into the games I got!! They were way fun.

We went 4-wheeling and none of us died :)



Creg, Casey and Curtis got to feel manly chasing wild horses (can you see the horses?!).


Amanda and I chilled at the top of the hill hoping that the men wouldn't chase the horses our way and unintentionally cause us to be trampled.


Later Creg and Amanda hunted down the wild horses on foot while Casey, Curtis and I chilled by a mud hole and Casey found a meteor rock.


On Sunday Curtis and I drove up to Lake Tahoe. The water was really clear and the drive was beautiful!!



And the pine cones were all huge! Pretty sure those could knock someone out if they fell on you. Watch out coconuts, you have some competition!


All the Shaffer kids and I played Just Dance. The men impressed us with their skills and basically won every game. Don't worry Amanda, we'll get them next time ;)


During church Amanda graced us with her drawing talents. Notice the pictures of Curtis below...


...And the picture of me. Man, how did he get so lucky!! ;)


Our awesome parting picture from Amanda :)


The trip was so much fun! The Shaffers are coming to Utah this weekend and I am so excited to see them again. Drive safely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!