2.01.2012

Stop the Nightmares!!

I am soooo excited to meet Curtis's family in 16 days!!! I have been looking forward to this event for months now (even though the plan tickets have only been booked for about a week or two).

Curtis is absolutely awesome... a wonderful, amazing man. I have met his brother and sister-in-law, and they are the same. It is very obvious to me that Curtis's family is wonderful and amazing as well, or else him and his brother wouldn't have turned out like they did.

I have talked to Curtis's mom/family a couple times while Curtis has been on speaker phone... they seem so much fun and welcoming!! Honestly, I am so excited to meet them!

I am especially excited to meet Curtis's mom. She stole Curtis's phone and sent me a few texts while they were at a basketball game of one of his younger brothers. Honestly, that was a great day in my life! The mother of the man I love texting me and asking me when I was going to meet the family... what could be better?!

So really, I am so excited to meet them!... but also a little nervous... which I think is natural. I think I am a great person, and their son loves me, so I am hoping they will too :)

Regardless of my excitement towards meeting Curtis's family soon, my subconscious enjoys taunting me with nightmares about the meeting going awry.

Two nights ago I woke up from a particularly horrible one...

Curtis brought me over to meet his mom, only his mom turned out to be the mom of one of my ex-boyfriends. Somehow she was the mom of both men (dreams don't need to make sense, right?). She happened to have bitter feelings towards me due to the ending of the other relationship (btw, that guy broke up with me, so I don't understand the bitterness in the dream...).

Well, I was still excited to see her and wanted to make a good impression, so I hugged her. She semi-hugged me back in disgust... sad day.

Then I met Amanda, Curtis's younger sister. The only problem, is she wasn't quite the Amanda I was expecting... she was the younger sister of yet another ex-boyfriend of mine. She happened to have bitter feelings towards me as well and basically thought she was too cool for me. Well, needless-to-say, that bonding didn't go too well.

Curtis's dad was the last member of his family that I met in my dream. Honestly, I don't remember him being particularly impressed with me either, but at least he wasn't the dad of yet another one of ex-boyfriends!!

Anyways, I hope these nightmares stop and better dreams of me holding hands with Curtis's family and prancing through wildflowers replace them... Or... at least just the meeting going well :)

2 comments:

  1. ahahaha. what a horrible dream. I remember being SOOOO nervous to meet zach's family too, but they were just as nice as him. It was great. Good luck!

    -Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think nightmares are completely normal when you have found the one you love. At least, that is what I have heard and experienced. I hope it stops for you but I had nightmares probably once a month for the first year of my marriage. They got better as they continued though. They started out as dating an ex-boyfriend and me remembering I got something better for me but couldnt remember who. And now they are less often and Alan usually comes in and saves my mind from having a nightmare like I used to. Probably is some sub conscious thing. I hope they stop because they are no fun! I am sure you have nothing to worry about too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!