2.20.2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a day that some people look eagerly forward to and other people complain about for weeks in advance. I think Valentine's Day is great whether you are single or not. It is a day about remembering those you love -  significant others, family members, and friends.

I am so grateful for Curtis and how he goes out of his way to tell me he loves me.

I am so grateful for my family and how loving and supportive they are. I have learned so much from their examples and am grateful that they are interested in my life.

I am so grateful for friends who keep the commandments and strive to uplift me.

I do want to share a little bit about Valentine's Day, but not too much, because a. it is a day that was so special and I want to treasure it, b. I don't want to get shunned for the next couple weeks by all my friends who fall into the category of not liking Valentine's Day :)

Curtis went out of his way to make Valentine's Day spectacular this year.

Just a couple of highlights from the day:

Curtis and I usually go to the gym at 5:15 AM. Curtis texted me at 5:00 and told me to stay in my pajamas. He came to the door with a beautiful, single red rose and surprised me with breakfast instead of the gym!

We made on the best breakfasts ever! Home-made "Pitcher's Mounds." Biscuits, scrambled eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, gravy, cheese...



We were able to spend the whole morning together (5:00 - 7:15). When we go to the gym we see each other when we drive to the gym and when we drive home... this was a great improvement!

Later that evening Curtis came over with a full bouquet of roses. What a stud. He knows the way to my heart.


He then gave me a very sweet card, including pictures of select text messages from when we started dating. These meant so much to me!! It is amazing how much our relationship has grown from when we started dating to now. It is evident from the text messages that he has cared for me all along :)



We then "made" (yay for frozen pasta meals!) a yummy dinner and watched The Princess Bride.

Oh, and we made red velvet cheesecake brownies for dessert. http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/02/01/red-velvet-cheesecake-brownies/

I would recommend.

It was a perfect day. I really enjoyed just spending time with Curtis. I also enjoyed talking to my parents on Valentine's Day and am so grateful for their examples.

Have a great week! And don't hate on Valentine's Day lovers too much!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!