1.16.2011

Eternal Families

10.12.2010 Excerpt from my journal.

Madison Mecum's funeral was really sweet today. It is very sad to picture a near-perfect little, 13-year old lying in a casket. The question most of the world would be asking in this situation is, "Why?". Why would God let a beautiful daughter of His get taken from this world at such a young age? Why would God allow this to happen to the same family that has already seen so many trials in their life? One who lost their father only five years ago.

Yes, tragedies like Madison's are hard to bear and even harder to understand, but thanks to the truths of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, I know that families can last for eternity. How sweet is the comfort and peace that comes when I think of Madison in Spirit Paradise united once again with her earthly father. How sweet is the comfort and peace that comes when I think of the beautiful and joyous reunion that will occur with the remainder of her family finishes their mortal ministry on this earth and passes to the next life to join Madison and her father in Heaven for eternity - never to again be parted.

Madison's death is sad, I am by no means denying that fact, but I am saying that there is more to this life to just live and die to be no more. There is a joyous eternity waiting for us. A family can be sealed together in the temple of the Lord for time and all eternity through Priesthood ordinances.

I am happy to know this restored truth. 

Why do I believe in this doctrine? I believe because I have studied this doctrine myself, prayed, and received a firm answer to my prayers. I feel peace and happiness whenever I think of this doctrine. What would life be if we just lived and died and that was it? What would the whole purpose of life be then? It makes sense to me for there to be something more - a greater happiness available to those who follow our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

If you would like to learn for yourself that families can be together for all eternity, you can by praying to our Father in Heaven. He hears all prayers and answers them in his own time and way. If you pray about this doctrine in faith, you will receive an answer to your prayer.

If you would like to read more about marriage and the family please read The Family: A Proclamation to the World.

Donations to Madison Mecum's family are humbly appreciated. To donate please visit http://madisonmecum.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!