1.18.2011

Theme behind “Blessed in all things…”

A couple of people asked me tonight if my blog will have a theme or if it will just be a compilation of random thoughts. Well, I guess my blog may become a little bit of both.

The reason I named my blog “Blessed in all things…” is because I do feel blessed in all things. Complaining, debating, and even arguing, have become so prevalent in daily life that I feel these actions are not only acceptable in society but somehow expected. I decided that I don't want to be held back by the negativism pulsating from society. I instead want to be the exception.

There is so much to be grateful for in life. In my opinion life itself is a miracle. If you have ever taken an anatomy class, I am sure that you have been baffled by the intricateness of the human body. Every day I see something new that amazes me and reminds me of how blessed I am, whether it is a my sister-in-law holding her new baby in her arms or the individually unique snowflakes hitting my windshield as I drive. I feel almost selfish keeping these thoughts of gratitude to myself, so therefore I would like to share them with others so that they can be reminded that they should feel blessed as well.

You will notice that many of my posts may be religion-related. This is because I feel so blessed because of the knowledge I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father who watches over each of his children on this earth. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that he atoned for the sins of the world so that I might have the opportunity to repent. I also know that my Father in Heaven has sent me a comforter and guide in this life, the Holy Ghost, and if I remain virtuous I can always feel his presence. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I am so grateful that so many people around the world practice religion and worship God. I am sure God is grateful as well that there are still people on this earth willing to turn their hearts and minds to him.

Of course I am sure that I will have random thoughts mixed in with the expressions of my blessings. I am a Deaf Education major and am always pondering on ASL and other foreign languages and cultures. I love learning about people that are different from me. Every culture is unique, but each culture seems to function correctly according to its needs. I find this truly amazing.

Just a side note, I did steal my title from a scripture that I truly love:

Mosiah 2:41 “And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.”*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!