8.15.2011

Law of Tithing

I have a testimony of tithing, and I know of the very real blessings that can come from living this law.

What is the law of tithing?

To voluntarily give one tenth of one's income to God's work.

In Malachi 3:8-10 it states, "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and PROVE ME NOW HEREWITH, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not OPEN YOU THE WINDOWS OF HEAVEN, AND POUR YOU OUT A BLESSING, THAT THERE SHALL NOT BE ROOM ENOUGH TO RECEIVE IT." (emphasis added).

Paying tithing gives the Lord an opportunity to bless us that much more. By giving back to the Lord, what is obviously already His, He blesses us that much more.

I love that this scripture says "prove me." I know that if you try paying your tithing, proving the Lord, that the blessings will come. They have for me, especially recently.

For those of you who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

What is done with the tithing that Mormons pay? Answer on Mormon.org

Why are Mormons asked to donate 10% of their income to their Church? Answer on Mormon.org

Awesome talk on tithing by Elder Carl B. Pratt: Video on LDS.org

Another awesome talk by Elder Robert D. Hales: Article on LDS.org

"Pay your tithing. Unlock the windows of heaven. You will be abundantly blessed for your obedience and faithfulness to the Lord's laws and commandments." - Elder Robert D. Hales

I know blessings come from paying your tithing. I feel that as I pay my tithing I can have the confidence to move forward with faith, knowing that I will be taken care of. I have been blessed to never have had extreme financial needs that the Lord did no't help me fulfill. In fact, I have never had small financial needs that the Lord did not help me fulfill. I am not rich, but I am not in want, and I do feel rich in blessings.

I may not always be so financially blessed as I am now - the Lord may want to try my faith sometime - but I know that it will all work out in the end.

I love tithing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!