8.15.2011

Small Blunder

So I am an avid lover of the Reader's Digest. Not avid reader, even though under some definitions of the word I guess that could work...

Anyways, I was reading a copy of it from February 2009 that happened to be in my parents' stack of magazines.

Here is a marvelous story I happened upon:

"The New York Times recalled a rather embarrassing event that reportedly occurred some 40 years ago to Britain's then foreign secretary, George Brown. In Peru for a reception, and quite intoxicated, Brown invited a guest in flowing purple robes to dance, but he was rebuffed. 'First you are drunk,' the guest is said to have replied. 'Second, this is not a waltz; it is the Peruvian national anthem. And third, I am not a woman; I am the Cardinal Archbishop of Lima.'"

Ah Reader's Digest, you have pleased me again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!