1.04.2012

The Boyfriend: Part 1 October

I have been dating a wonderful man for a couple months now and decided it was finally time to get around to blogging about him. I have always been so blessed to be surrounded by great men, and Curtis is definitely one of them. 


Let's start at the beginning. Curtis and I are in the same church ward (congregation) and in the same apartment complex, so we were bound to meet each other at some point.

Curtis first talked to me. He complimented me at a party on a dessert I brought. Sadly, I didn't notice him because I was flirting with another guy at the time.

A couple weeks later we played ultimate frisbee together. We were on opposite teams. He noticed my running (haha ;) and I finally took notice as well and learned his name.

He asked me out on a date and I had to say no because I was busy.

He asked me out on a second date and I had to say no because I was busy.

According to him, he probably wouldn't have asked me out again because I already said no twice. Luckily, I decided to ask him on a date. We went to a murder mystery dinner theater and had a great time.


Then, I went to Nevada for work. Honestly, I was still crushing on another guy at this point (I mean, we had only been on one date together).

I came back to find this on my dresser:


Men, the quick way to a women's heart (at least mine) is through flowers. Yeah, he won major points that day.

We went on another date. Don't worry, he asked me this time. We actually went to another murder mystery dinner. Murder, dressing up, dinner... life couldn't get much better ;) Oh, and that night he also found out I had my LDS mission papers almost completed.


The date was great. Although, I had a date with his roommate the next morning for breakfast ;)

A few days later he met one of my besties and wooed the heart of her and her husband.

The next day we went to an awesome Halloween party.


After the Halloween party we watched the Boogeyman with Cara and Andrew. What a great opportunity to hold hands for the first time ;)

That Tuesday we went on a date again... this time to Nickel City. Curtis became my "30 Ticket Prince."


We bought rubber frogs with the tickets we won. I said in the car that I wondered if the frog would turn into a prince if I kissed it. So I did. Curtis (who was driving) grabbed the frog out of my hand and threw it in the back of the car, and said "ta-da!" I guess I got my prince ;)

That Wednesday, Curtis made dinner for me and then we danced. That night we had our first kiss while dancing. 

On Friday we officially became boyfriend and girlfriend.

The next weekend we had another murder mystery dinner :)


Well, the dates of the dates during October may have gotten a bit mixed up in my mind, but hopefully I got them pretty close to accurate.

Regardless, it was a wonderful month and a great start to an awesome relationship.

I will tell a little more about him and us in Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!