11.27.2012

Christmas Miracle: One Lucky Fish

I procrastinated adding this story about one amazing "Christmas Miracle" (as one person dubbed it).

Two weekends ago (Thursday - Monday) my uncle and aunt were fishsitting their grand kids' fish, Oscar.

Monday came along and I was eating breakfast and looked over at Oscar; he was floating at the top of the water. I got a closer look and sure enough, he was dead.

My uncle, Richard, called his daughter, Melanie, and relayed the tragic news. She suggested giving the fish CPR, because it had "worked in the past."

Richard and I look at each other and gave each other a "no way" look. It was decided that Melanie would just come over and take home the dead fish.

In the meantime, Richard had a crazy idea. He got a glass of water and put his oxygen tube in it. He let it bubble for about five minutes and then asked me to pour it into the water.

I poured. The fish just flopped around in the moving water, then floating again to the top once I was done pouring.

Richard then had a crazy idea. He asked me to take the fish over to the sink. I washed out the bowl, and then he hooked up the oxygen to the tank. The fish began flopping in the moving water.

Dead Fish
I checked back in about 20-30 minutes and Oscar was still dead. I told Richard that it was pointless, but he wanted to keep it hooked up.

I went and did other things. About an hour later I got a knock on my door and it was Melanie. She said that Richard wanted me to see something. I was thinking that maybe we were going to have a fish burial or something.

Nope, he wanted me to see a Christmas Miracle.

I went back into the kitchen and Oscar was alive and swimming around in his bowl. Yup, the little fish had been brought back to life. Richard was beaming and so was his grandson.

Alive Fish
 Video of Oscar and his life-saving hookup:


Later, Melanie calls Richard up and shares what her soon said about Richard, "Mommy, can we get Grandpa his favorite food? He's my hero."

Merry Christmas everyone! Remember, don't loose faith even if  your fish seems dead and your efforts seem pointless.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!