11.05.2012

The Errand of Angels: Why a Mission?



Many people have asked me why I have chosen to serve a mission. I have many reasons for this, here are a few:



Close this window

1. We have a loving Heavenly Father who sent his son, Jesus Christ, to be our Savior and Redeemer. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ all mankind may be saved and inherit eternal life.

Our Heavenly Father wants everyone to return to Him again, and allows all people to repent if they have a sincere heart.

I am so excited about this knowledge and want to share it with everyone! Regardless of the trials of life, we are loved and can exchange guilt for happiness as we repent. (Learn more about LDS beliefs of Jesus Christ here and here)


http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/saltlake/gallery/images/salt-lake-mormon-temple2.jpg


2. The church of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth will all the ordinances and covenants needed to become like our Father in Heaven and obtain eternal life and exaltation.

These saving ordinances include baptism and marriage sealings (sealing a husband and wife together for time and all eternity verses just until death).

I am so excited that, as a righteous member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I have the opportunity to participate in my own saving ordinances. True happiness comes from being sealed to your family for the eternities and I want everyone to have access to the same blessings! (Learn more about the restoration of Jesus Christ's Church)

3. My third reason....




goes off of my second reason. I have the opportunity to be with my family for forever! And guess what?! I love them and am so excited for that!

A quote that I have read essentially says that a missionary is someone who is willing to leave their family for a couple years so that others can be with their families for the eternities.

I want others to be with their families for the eternities! I know some people may be struggling with family relationships. For those I say, Christ understands all and can mend broken homes and broken hearts. Sometimes situations are too bad for people to live in (such as abuse), but even for those people, happiness can come from the knowledge that you can be with your future family some day and even your ancestors that came long before. (Learn more about why strengthening families is so important)

4. Building upon everything that I have already said, being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints brings me happiness in my life.

I know I can communicate with my loving Heavenly Father through prayer and that He will listen. The knowledge I have brings peace and joy to my life. I want to invite all people to come unto the same happiness that I have. (Learn more about God's Plan of Happiness)


Basically all of this is summed up with the fact that I have this knowledge and it makes me happy and I want to share this with others. If you have any questions, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

As always, feel free to post your blessings on here too!